Wednesday, December 24, 2014

They are gifts to the world


In a world with so many technological advances that allow us to move through life with ease, it's relatively easy to forget about the most precious asset we have here on Earth: each other. Human capital is by far any organization's most important line item on its financial statements, whether those in charge want to accept it or not.

Within L.E.A.D., the young men we serve in partnership with Atlanta Public Schools are without a doubt the most important part of our organization. Our 12-month programming solely focuses on developing them across four pillars: academics, athletics, civic responsibility and commerce. Through these pillars, we are able to develop young men who society has counted out into Ambassadors who not only want to succeed for themselves, but also for the betterment of the community and world.

The Christmas season by far has become one of the most selfish times of the year. In an effort to help my Ambassadors focus on something other than the gifts they want, I asked a few of them to to tell me how they are gifts to the world. The responses that follow aren't scripted; they are what happens when you begin to change hearts and not just minds.


L.E.A.D. Co-founder C.J. Stewart
L.E.A.D. Ambassador Jalen Cannon (B.E.S.T. Academy): I'm a gift to the world because I plan to help make the world a better place.

L.E.A.D. Ambassador Byron Brinkley (Charles Drew Charter High School): I'm a gift to the world because I am determined and will do what is necessary to make this world a better place.


L.E.A.D. Ambassador Byron Brinkley
L.E.A.D. Ambassador D'Angelo Julio (South Atlanta High School): I'm a gift to the world because I will make history that benefits the world.

L.E.A.D. Ambassador Tyquavious Noland (Maynard Jackson High School): I'm a gift to the world because I'm accountable to my family, L.E.A.D. and success.

L.E.A.D. Ambassador Tyquavious Noland
L.E.A.D. Ambassador Ryan Martin (Benjamin E. Mays High School): I'm a gift to the world because I add value to my community and my school through leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment