Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My 36th birthday request

Did you know that it cost the state of Georgia $73,000 per year ($200 per day) to incarcerate one juvenile? Did you also know that youth from the 30310, 30315 and 30318 zip codes grow up to represent 80% of the prison population? With a 34% graduation of African-American males from the Atlanta Public School System, it is time to invest in organizations that are delivering change for our youth.

Since 2007, L.E.A.D. has graduated 100% of our Ambassadors from high school with 100% of them enrolling in college. 89% of the Ambassadors have enrolled with a baseball scholarship. For $3,000 per year, L.E.A.D. puts/keeps middle and high school age African-American males on track to enroll in college.



The problem is obvious and through L.E.A.D., the solution is now even more obvious.

On Tuesday, April 10th, I will turn 36 years of age. For my birthday, I would like for you to donate $6 to L.E.A.D. as well as 3 of your friends.  My goal is to raise $3,600.00 by April 10th.

Baseball has giving me purpose throughout my life and I have committed my life to serving youth through baseball. Without purpose and hope, you have nothing and graduating from high school becomes less important.



Your financial support of L.E.A.D.'s mission will allow us to effectively serve more youth in Atlanta.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE NOW. 

I hope I can shake your hand in the near future at one of our upcoming baseball games or events. Click here to find a date that fits your schedule so that you can see your donation in action.

How do you change tomorrow...by LEADing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment