Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers, I salute you

Without Mothers, the world would not exist. I have come to realize over the years watching my wife that being a mother is two full time jobs. My daughters excel in school because of Kelli. They strive to be servant leaders like their mom. They are also amazingly beautiful like their mom. I'm going to really be in trouble. Lol.



I am so happy today that I am also able to partner with over 200 mothers in the Atlanta Public School System to help them graduate their sons from high and enroll in college. My youth development organization L.E.A.D., Inc. serves middle and high school age boys so you already know the challenge that we face. L.E.A.D.'s mission is to provide inner city Atlanta at-risk males with access to higher education and civic engagement through baseball. Click here to check out our success.

As much as I hate to admit it, I gave my mom some fits when I was a teenager. Boys reach a certain age when we think that we can handle the hardships of the world by ourselves. I thank God for my mother and my community of believers being patient with me. Mothers are by nature nurturing and forgiving. Life is tough and often times neither nurturing or forgiving. I pray for strength for our mothers in the inner city of Atlanta today. The social life is different than it was when I was growing up. Boys are tempted with opportunities that I didn't know existed until I was an adult. Better days are ahead because God is in total control.

Lots of laughter, good food and story telling today. I salute all the Mothers today and you are in my prayers.

Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30



No comments:

Post a Comment