Monday, July 16, 2012

Georgia's Own has my back



Today we went to Georgia’s Own Credit Union Corporate Office and it turned out to be much better than I thought. We were guest of the CEO Dave Preter and CMO Kelly Garmon. I was expecting them to talk to us all day about boring stuff, but it was actually pretty fun. They talked to us a little bit about the company and how to manage your money wisely. We had visits from different people in the company and we also took a tour of the place. At the end we also got to play some fun trivia games. I have my own account with Georgia’s Own that I got just last year. It’s a good thing that I have it because I can put the money into it now, and once I get older I have a lot more money in that account. What I got from today is that what you do in this point of your life, can have a really great effect on the one farther down the road.





Did you know that the major difference between banks and credit unions is that banks are for profit while credit unions are non-profit?

Did you know that Georgia's Own was founded in 1934 by a group of telephone employees with an initial investment of $160?

Did you know that you can open a Georgia's Own checking account at the age of 15 with a minimum amount of $5?


I guess the best thing about today was not the ride in the limo, the pizza and soda for lunch, or winning fun prizes. The best thing about today was knowing that I was covered, and Georgia’s Own Credit Union has my back whenever I need them. I don’t know about you, but that fact takes a lot of stress off of me and my future.

Thank you Mr. Dave Preter, Kelly Garmon, Mr. Will and all of the Georgia's Own staff for making today an enrich filled day for my Ambassador brothers and I.

Mackenzi Stewart
Age 11

No comments:

Post a Comment