Monday, February 4, 2013

On the front row eating hot dogs tonight at Price Middle School

The NFL season is finally over.  My Falcons didn't win it all this year but we will next year!

I have a great day planned for today.  I have some conference calls that will benefit a lot of youth in Atlanta, visit some of our L.E.A.D. partner schools then train Dexter Fowler and Telvin Nash before they head to spring training.

Before I head home to spend time with my lovely ladies, I'm going to watch some middle school playoff basketball action at Luther Price Middle School at 5PM.  Willis Sutton Middle School will match up against Price Middle School to determine who moves on for the basketball championship.

Click here to check out this photo of me with some of the students/athletes with Price Middle School after they won the 2012 football championship. Some really cool kids!

The shooting last week at Price Middle School still has people afraid.  I look forward to being on the campus this evening.  L.E.A.D. serves this community and other communities throughout inner city Atlanta every day throughout the year.  I can't explain why this incident happened but I feel that is my responsibility to be one of the first to respond and provide a sense of hope for the students.



L.E.A.D. currently serves eight of the Atlanta Public School 16 middle schools with year round programming including B.E.S.T. Academy, Sylvan Hills, Jean Childs Young, Martin Luther King Jr, John F. Kennedy, Walter L. Parks, Charles Harper-Samuel Archer and Joseph Brown Middle Schools.  Currently, Price Middle School isn't one of our partner schools but this shooting incident is more reason for us to add them.

My father shares stories with me about his days as a student at Price when it was a high school.  The legacy of this school in this community is rich.

I will have a front row seat this evening at Price Middle School watching some good basketball and fighting the desire to each three hot dogs and chips.  I'm trying to lose some weight.  I have to stay in shape to chase these kids around.

Continue the fight for excellence for students throughout this great state of Georgia.  They all matter and they all need us!

No comments:

Post a Comment