Sunday, April 7, 2013

Extraordinarily Excellent



L.E.A.D. Elementary School Character Development Series

The difference between extraordinary and ordinary is being willing to do extra. The thought of being ordinary isn't good for me because I was created to be a leader and serve others. My last name Stewart is a Scottish surname that means "household guardian". What does your last name mean?

I refuse to live as an ordinary being. It wouldn't feel right. I can always do extra. No matter what job I work at, I'm going to be extraordinary. If I'm picking up trash for a living, I will be the best at it. If I'm teaching kids how to play baseball, I'm going to be the best at it.



L.E.A.D. Co-founder CJ Stewart receiving a Humanitarian of the Year Award from the Rotary Club of Sandy Springs March 2013
There were so many opportunities for me to be the best while I was a young student at Grove Park Elementary School (Atlanta Public Schools) and in my Northwest Atlanta neighborhood. I had perfect attendance kindergarten through 12th grade which made it easier to get excellent grades. I had good behavior in school which allowed my teachers to recommend me for fun and enriching activities that still benefit me now as an adult. My church members at Elizabeth Baptist Church could also count on me every week to serve on the usher board, choir and Boy Scouts. I served my inner city Atlanta community with excellence then and I continue to do the same thing now through my non-profit youth development organization L.E.A.D. (Launch, Expose, Advise, Direct). Our mission it to provide inner city Atlanta at-risk youth males with access to higher education and civic engagement through baseball.



What 5 things can you do extra this week at school and in your community to be extraordinarily excellent?

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

"Narrate the positive script for your future and you are the star character."

No comments:

Post a Comment