Saturday, July 13, 2013

Look out for Kingdom Men in Atlanta

My morning started off amazing at my church Elizabeth Baptist Church.  Under the leadership of Dr. Craig L. Oliver, we are being spiritually fed by the Kingdom Man series by Dr. Tony Evans.

As the co-founder of L.E.A.D., Inc., Lord knows that I need to be in the right fellowship with Him in order to properly lead others.

My wife Kelli, Sam Crenshaw (WXIA) and I with our 2013 L.E.A.D. Ambassadors graduating class at Georgia Public Broadcasting
In the Man Up section of the DVD session of Kingdom Man, we learned that the absence of kingdom men is bringing destruction, pain and anguish throughout the land.  A kingdom man is a male who has learned to live his life under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. God's kingdom agenda is the visible manifestation of the comprehensive rule of God over all of life.



It was also discussed that men are to be exposed to three "hoods". Male-hood comes with birth. Boyhood is when you are dependent, immature and not yet responsible. Manhood is when you are responsible enough to take care of someone else.

The Kingdom Man study has put a life size 6'3" mirror in front of me so that all of my weaknesses can be revealed.  I am reminded of how much I need the mercy and grace of Jesus Christ.  In order for me to be the leader in my house, in my state and in my country, I must become a Kingdom Man and be subjected to God's will for me. 

I am spiritually immature in a lot of ways yet striving everyday to become a Kingdom Man. Along my journey, I am joined by several men longing for peace and a strong relationship with God.  Through us, several young boys will become Kingdom Men as we take over communities throughout Atlanta.

I know that I can make a difference in my city.  How about you? Please keep me in your prayers as well as the devoted men at Elizabeth Baptist Church as we complete the 6-month study of Kingdom Man by Dr. Tony Evans.  Join our Kingdom Man study group at Elizabeth Baptist Church in Atlanta every 2nd Saturday at 8:30AM. See you on Saturday, August 10th.

The "not guilty" verdict of George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin trial this evening has me on my knees.  I have an opportunity to help lead a generation of males in Atlanta that come from several ethnic backgrounds, elementary school age, young professionals as well as seasoned executives to Kingdom Man status.

By the grace of God, I want to lead on purpose while being led by God The Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment