Monday, May 12, 2014

L.E.A.D. took it to L.A. and brought it back to the A

Guest Blogger L.E.A.D. Ambassador Emanuel Wilson, Drew Charter High School, Atlanta Public Schools

Describe the trip destination.

The trip destination was wonderful and the flight was fantastic.

What was the purpose of the trip?

The purpose of this trip was to do a documentary on how we use the app called Dartfish Express and also to show how we as black males are making a difference for our Atlanta community.

What did you discover about yourself while on this trip?

I discovered how life is viewed in so many different ways and how sometimes things that are overwhelming can impact you at any time.

Describe the people that you interacted with while on the trip?

The people I interacted with were so much fun because they made me laugh and smile and showed me how I should relax and just be myself through anything.

What surprised you the most while on the trip?

I would have to say the thing that surprised me the most was the weather. I was prepared to work in hot dry weather but it ways cold and windy but it did not stop me from working good and doing well at it.

What was your most memorable moment on the trip?

My most memorable moment on the trip would have to be when I was hitting and they were filming me. That made all eyes on me and it felt good to see what I was doing while I was hitting. Having all eyes on me helps me in school because it makes sure that I stay focus and on task at the work at hand.

Who was the most memorable person from the trip?

The most memorable person from the trip would have to be the Oscar Award producer Emmanuel "Chivo" Lubezki because we both share the same first name. He was very serious about what he does and made sure he had the perfect shot for everything. He was extremely professional and he is a good new friend.


Left to right: Ambassador Ryan Martin (B.E. Mays HS, Atlanta Public Schools), CJ Stewart, Oscar Producer Emmanuel "Chivo" Lubezki, Ambassador D'Anthony Morrow (B.E. Mays HS, Atlanta Public Schools), Ambassador Carlos Twine (New Schools at Carver, Atlanta Public Schools), and Ambassador Emanuel Wilson (Drew Charter HS, Atlanta Public Schools)
What did you learn from the trip that you can use to help L.E.A.D. carry out its mission to empower an at risk generation to lead and transform their city?

When big opportunities come up like this you have to stay on your toes. If you slip up, you can be sent home in the matter of seconds. Big opportunities like this can open up more doors for you and others and soon you will be able to do things like this on a consistent basis.

What are the top 3 skills that you have learned since becoming an Ambassador that helped you represent L.E.A.D. with excellence on this trip?

The first skill that I have learned since becoming a L.E.A.D. Ambassador is to listen more. If you listen more, things will become easier to do. 
The second skill is to ask questions. It's better to ask questions and get it wrong before making the mistake. The third skill is to be patient because things don't always come fast. It's good to wait and get all the details before starting something new.

What 3 core values did you have to use each day while on the trip?

The three core values I had to use on the trip was excellence, teamwork and stewardship.

Describe the trip in 3 words?

My description of the trip in three words would have to be wonderful, great and a blessing. It was wonderful and great because I was able to work and still have a good time and enjoy myself. It was a blessing because times like this is not a everyday thing. Many people don't get opportunities like this and I thank God that I was the one to have a chance to be in something great and share it with thousands of youth in Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment