Friday, July 4, 2014

Good discipline comes from good character


Discipline

verb (used with object) [dis·ci·plined, dis·ci·plin·ing.]
1. to train by instruction and exercise; drill.
2. to bring to a state of order and obedience by training and control.

To become great at anything in life requires discipline. Especially in baseball competition.

Discipline allows you to:

1. make better use of your time.
2. get things done properly.
3. make adjustments when you aren't getting things done properly.
4. get things done properly and often.

To develop discipline, you must be:

1. aware of its meaning.
2. understand its meaning.
3. aware when you lack it.
4. understand how to apply it quickly.

I try to practice discipline daily by:

1. doing Bible Study for at least 15 minutes before I do anything.
2. speaking to everyone that comes within 10 feet of me.
3. engaged in an intelligent conversation with at least 10 people for 10 minutes. It makes me more intelligent.
4. journaling my thoughts for the day for 15 minutes before I go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment