Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Let's Talk About Race - Day 17


#LetsTalkAboutRace

Why should racism end Cedric?

Two reasons racism should not exists today:

Being a minority, I have faced unreasonable discrimination. Racism blocks communities from helping each other which ultimately gives this nation a negative reputation of setting limitations to certain ethic groups. It's very hard being a black male; I want to surround myself around other ethnic groups, but I always feel a sense of uneasiness because I fear racism will become an issue. Racism demotes a human being, changes their lifestyle and lowers self esteem. I believe we all should be accepted and all expectations should be the same- no matter what the color of someone's skin.

Cedric Reed, L.E.A.D. Ambassador, New Schools at Carver c/o 2013, Georgia Highlands College


No comments:

Post a Comment