Saturday, April 9, 2016

Thankful To Live Out Of My Wilderness



Life on earth is indeed a wilderness experience and I'm grateful to be a part of God's eternal plan. I share the 40 things below that I'm most thankful for as a challenge to myself because I need to know what I'm thankful for in order to also know what to ask God for in prayer.

1. Thankful to be among the living.

2. Thankful for being a follower of Christ.

3. Thankful for being the husband of Kelli Stewart.

4. Thankful for being the father of Mackenzi and Mackenna Stewart.

5. Thankful for being born to Willie and Gail Stewart.

6. Thankful for being a brother to Nicole and Erica Stewart.

7. Thankful being a grandson to two healthy age 91 grandmothers Elizabeth Dunn and Lizzie Moss.

8. Thankful for being an uncle, a nephew and a cousin.

9. Thankful for being born and raised in Atlanta.

10. Thankful to know my purpose in life which is to be significant and to serve millions by bringing them into a relationship with Christ Jesus starting with my wife Kelli and my daughters Mackenzi and Mackenna.

11. Thankful for several close friends.

12. Thankful for haters.

13. Thankful that I can forgive haters.

14. Thankful that I can be peaceable with haters.

15. Thankful for being the CEO of L.E.A.D. (Launch, Expose, Advise, Direct) who's mission is to empower an at-risk generation to lead and transform their city of Atlanta.

16. Thankful for being the fulfillment of L.E.A.D.'s mission with the support and prayers of people like you.

17. Thankful for being an unapologetic and consequential leader.

18. Thankful for being true to myself.

19. Thankful for John White for loving me enough to introduce me to my discipleship partner Mike Moye. Mike challenged me for three years to memorize bible scripture although I was kicking and screaming at first. And now I humbly serve as a Deacon at Elizabeth Baptist Church.

20. Thankful for my spiritual, emotional, mental, physical and relational health.

21. Thankful for being convicted as a selfish and self-righteous man several years ago and being built up with Habitudes.

22. Thankful that my yes means yes and my no means no.

23. Thankful for loving myself firstly so that I can love others.

24. Thankful for being able to be loved by others.

25. Thankful for being willing to forgive others and reconciliation as well as understanding the difference and need for each one from sermons and teachings from Pastor Bruce Hebel and my pastor Dr. Craig L. Oliver Sr.

26. Thankful for food, clothing, shelter and working automobiles.

27. Thankful for being born in America.

28. Thankful for being educated within Atlanta Public Schools (Center Hill Elementary School, Grove Park Elementary School) and Fulton County Schools (Love T. Nolan Elementary School, Ronald E. McNair Middle School, Westlake High School c/o 1994).

29. Thankful that on November 20, 2011, Atlanta City Councilman Michael Julian Bond proclaimed November 20th as C.J. Stewart Day and L.E.A.D. Day in Atlanta through perpetuity. And that is a day that I can be held accountable by Atlanta to do what I claim to be called to do as #10 states above.

30. Thankful that my friend Rendell Jackson (Atlanta Public Schools, Assistant Director of Athletics) would have the humility to ask Atlanta City Councilman Michael Julian Bond to do it.

31. Thankful for not having to fear another man but God alone.

32. Thankful for hope and being able to dream.

33. Thankful that people that don't respect me are exposed sooner rather than later and removed from life but not forgotten because everybody is special and have a calling to fulfill.

34. Thankful that I can pray for blessings for my enemies.

35. Thankful that I can apologize when I'm wrong.

36. Thankful that I value the power of relationships.

37. Thankful that I now have a childlike excitement to read and write so that I'm empowered to lead for wants right.

38. Thankful for being a Leadership Atlanta alum.

39. Thankful that I can laugh and cry when my heart hurts.

40. Thankful that I can worship God for who He is, praise Him for what He does and the wisdom to know the difference from studies of Boyd Bailey of Wisdom Hunters.

I am a unapologetic, consequential, often misunderstood, transformational leader that is intentional about blessing the world with significant people that I've mentored. It was done for me. My life will have meaning among the living as well as through eternity. - C.J. Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment