Friday, March 18, 2011

Career Day the Grove Park Way!

I heard the word entrepreneur for the first time when I was in the 3rd or 4th grade at Grove Park Elementary. Of course there were doctors, lawyers and engineers in the building but that wasn't what I wanted to do when I "grew up". I am so thankful that our school principal Mrs. Jones made sure that we had a large variety of careers represented that day.

Fast forward over 25 years and today I was able to have several of my dear friends share their careers with students at Grove Park. Exposure still means so much to me as an adult as I strive for excellence. That same exposure is what is needed to mold our students in APS. Like the old saying goes "you know what you know and you don't know what you don't know". Our students are capable of being great but it is our responsibility to expose them to tomorrow's positive realities today!

Special thanks to Grove Park's Principal Caitlin Sims and school counselor Ramia Cook for organizing the successful event. Thank you to my wonderful friends for pouring yourselves into the Grove Park students. L.E.A.D. Today...Change Tomorrow!

Jeff Johnson-Peachtree TV
Kristi Dosh-www.ItsASwingAndAMiss.com Chadd Scott-Sports Radio Personality Kevin Donovan-Helios Partners (Marketing)
Patty Rasmussen-Freelance writer
Darrin Woley-Ignition (Marketing)

I will be updating this list with others guest presenters that were at Grove Park today.


No comments:

Post a Comment