Monday, March 25, 2013

3 reasons why you should support me EVERYDAY

God continues to bless me everyday. Even my setbacks are blessings because it is an opportunity to trust in Him more and learn from my mistakes while gaining wisdom.

Fortunately, I have a lot more good days than bad days. I have a thriving for profit business Diamond Directors that provides the blueprint of success to amateur and professional baseball players across the world. We are among the world leaders in player development for baseball because of our 15 years of experience and a proven training methodology called AT-BATS.

The success of Diamond Directors also allows my wife and I to work together and provide inner city Atlanta at-risk youth males with access to higher education and civic engagement through baseball. This is the mission of our non-profit organization L.E.A.D. (Launch, Expose, Advise, Direct). Through L.E.A.D., we are also a world leader in youth development with respect to our mission. L.E.A.D. is a proud official partner of the Atlanta Public Schools System.

L.E.A.D. hosting 350+ students from the Atlanta Public School System at the 2012 MLB Civil Rights Weekend at Turner Field
How in the world does Kelli and I continue to do all of this with excellence you might ask? We do it by the grace of God and we have a lot of smart friends. Our DREAM TEAM of mentors, board members and friends are amazing to say the least.

Hanging with the Stewart girls in our partner Georgia's Own Credit Union Suite at Turner Field during the Atlanta Braves game
People come up with great ideas everyday. It will remain just an idea unless you share it with others that are willing and able to help you convert that idea to reality.

I have learned that people support people and not ideas. Why would anyone want to support me?

2011 L.E.A.D. Middle School Character Development League Pep Rally
Here are three reasons why someone should support me. 

1. I live to serve others. Supporting me allows you to support thousands of additional people. I haven't always been confident in my God given ability to teach life lessons through baseball but now I am looking for opportunities everyday to empower others. You empower me everyday and I will remain a good steward and empower others. 

The Westminster School baseball players serving with L.E.A.D. at our adopted portion of the Atlanta Belt Line
2. I can be trusted. God has blessed me to do everything that I have ever asked for in life. To that end, my days now are focused on my legacy. I won't live forever and I want to be remembered as a servant leader when I cease to exist on earth. I want God to say "well done My faithful servant." A man that is focused on his legacy can be trusted in my book. How about yours?

3. I'm a fan of great treatment. It is important for me to be treated with respect above all things. I know that if I treat others with respect, I will be respected. I'm aware that we encounter disrespectful people everyday. I will focus on controlling what I can control and keep it moving. If I had the choice to be loved or respected, I would rather be respected. I respect the giving of time, talents and treasures of those that support me.

L.E.A.D.'s 3rd Annual Middle School Character Development League Signing Day at Walter L. Parks Middle School (Atlanta Public Schools)
Here are three ways that you can support me for the remaining month of March. 

1. Pray for my family, friends and supporters. I am praying for you and your family as well.


3. Click here and make a donation to L.E.A.D. $10.00 per month for the year goes a long way. It takes $3,500.00 annually for L.E.A.D. to keep a young man on track to graduate from high school. It costs the state of Georgia $90,000.00 annually to incarcerate a juvenile.

The L.E.A.D. Ambassadors with Georgia Governor Nathan Deal

No comments:

Post a Comment