Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My birthday request 2014

Did you know that it cost the state of Georgia $100,000 per year ($273 per day) to incarcerate one juvenile? Did you also know that youth from the 30310, 30315 and 30318 zip codes grow up to represent 80% of the prison population? With 60% of African-American males from the Atlanta Public School System not graduating or not graduating on time, it is time to invest in organizations that are delivering change.

Since 2007, L.E.A.D. has graduated 100% of our Ambassadors from high school with 100% of them enrolling into college. 90% of the Ambassadors have enrolled with a baseball scholarship.

The problem is obvious and through L.E.A.D. the solution is even more obvious.


On Thursday, April 10th, I will turn 38 years of age. For my birthday, I would like for 273 people to march with L.E.A.D. for our 4th Annual Inner City Youth Baseball March on Saturday, April 19th. For $273 per day, you can incarcerate a juvenile. On April 19th, you can encourage over 273 Atlanta Public School African-American males to graduate from high school, enroll into college and live a life of significance.

"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you." ~ Aldous Huxley

Baseball has giving me purpose throughout my life and I have committed my life to serving youth through baseball. Without purpose and hope, you have nothing and graduating from high school becomes less important.

March under the representation of your family banner or march with your youth baseball team. March to empower L.E.A.D. to empower an at risk generation to lead and transform their city.

Email Kelli.Stewart@Lead2Legacy.org to register your family and/or team today.

L.E.A.D. is a 501c3 tax exempt non-profit organization.

I hope I can shake your hand on April 19th. Click here to learn more about L.E.A.D.


Holding Atlanta's Future Leaders Accountable Today

No comments:

Post a Comment