Saturday, April 19, 2014

My Top 3 Stupid Things That I Did Before Age 30 That Yielded 0 Return

stupid[ stoo-pid, styoo‐ ]

adjective [stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est.]

1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.

2. characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid question.

3. tediously dull, especially due to lack of meaning or sense; inane; pointless: a stupid party.

Here are my top 3 stupid things that I did before age 30 that yielded 0 return.

1. Failure to Submit to Christ

So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. (Genesis 1:27 NLT)

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! (Galatians 5:22, 23 NLT)

In my pre-30 age, you couldn't tell me nothing. I thought that I created mankind and it was and will always be a stupid mindset.

Life is easier for me now that I have submitted my life to Christ. My prayer method is A.C.T.S. Acknowledgement, Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication (Asking) in that order. I got that from Elizabeth Baptist Church.

2. Failure to Maintain Healthy Relationships

We all know right from wrong. One of the toughest things that I had to deal with in my pre-30 age was being corrected. I cringed even with constructive criticism.

My mindset now as a follower of Christ is found in being humble.

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom. (Proverbs 11:2 ESV)

Humility allows me to listen more than talk. I stopped a lot of amazing people from helping me because I didn't want to be corrected. That's stupid.

I'm not perfect now at age 38 by any means however I am wiser. Now that I know better, I do better.

Don't waste quality time being stupid. Keep good folks that love you enough to correct you in your life.

3. Not being a good Steward of my Time, Talent and Treasure

If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches? (Luke 16:11 ESV)

I wasted so much money buying stupid stuff pre-30 age. Stuff that yielded 0 return.

I should have been saving for a house, life insurance and a college education for my children. I didn't though and that's stupid. I was looking good though while being stupid.

I had great people tell me that I need to do this and do that. Teaching is more powerful than talking though.

By the grace of God, I have chosen to spend quality time with a lot of quality people that model success and are good stewards of their time, talent and treasure.

Hang around excellent folks if you want to be excellent. Hang around a lot of failures if you want to fail.

Pray for me and I will pray for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment