Friday, November 7, 2014

I don't have to be right anymore


I have found so much peace in the last year of my life focusing on sharing my authentic feelings with people that I'm convinced care about me. Not sure how you feel about it but it is exhausting trying to be right all of the time about everything.

Listening actively is truly a gift that I don't have but I have a lot of people in my life that possess this skill. Rather than being right, I rather be heard. I want to share what's on my heart with people that care about me and above all people that I trust.

Trust is powerful to say the least. If I trust you, I can accept your advice and do something about it.

One of the main things that I love about sports is how everyone must depend on each other in order to win. As an athlete, I especially enjoyed the coach to player relationship. I love to learn and I always welcome opportunities to be coached by people that believe in me and want to see my grow.

If I can trust you, I will open my heart to you. If I'm wrong and you are right, that now makes me right.



No comments:

Post a Comment