Saturday, July 16, 2011

Think "Encouragement"

Think "Encouragement"

By: Dr. David Jeremiah

...that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God.
Colossians 2:2

Recommended Reading
Colossians 2:1-3

Jonas Salk, the great scientist and discoverer of the vaccine against polio, understood how to think and work with confidence. He was once asked, "How does this outstanding achievement, which has effectively brought an end to the word ‘polio' in our vocabulary, cause you to view your 200 previous failures?"

"I have never had 200 failures in my whole life," he replied. "My family didn't think in terms of failure. They taught in terms of experiences and what could be learned. I just made my 201st discovery, and I couldn't have made it without learning from the previous 200 experiences."

Salk's example is illustrative to the Christian life. To support and encourage others we have to stay encouraged ourselves; and we have to learn to think, believe, and live with assurance and conviction. Based on the promises of God, we have every reason to be optimistic. It's the uplifting "can-do" attitude of a biblical encourager that stokes the flames of God's work in the lives of others.

Learn to think "encouragement."

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment