Monday, July 4, 2011

We alive but we ain't living!

The Declaration of Independence was adopted on July 4, 1776 granting the United States it's freedom from Great Britain.  This freedom didn't come without a fight. Many lives were lost to ensure that we all can live the American Dream. 

This is a day that I am also reminded of the sacrifices that were made by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to ensure equality in America.

Unfortunately, freedom isn't often appreciated until it is taking away. We are fighting a battle in the Middle East right now to maintain our peace of mind and liberties that were fought for by soldiers centuries ago. I wake up every morning wanting to be the best American that I can be. I want to serve others. I want to love others. I want to make sure that my time on this earth isn't done in vain. God has us all here 
on a mission. 

In the words of Cee-Lo Green, "We alive but we ain't living!". Take advantage of the freedoms that we have in America because someone gave up their life so that you can live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment